Okay, this one’s out of left field. Sort of. You remember these guys? Well, (mostly) this same group of fellas makes an annual pilgrimage to North Central Pennsylvania for the opening weekend of trout fishing season, or what we’ve since dubbed “Troutmas.” I’ve referenced Troutmas once before on this site. In fact, it appeared here in my Tales of the Wandering Jew series. Essentially, Troutmas is a collection of roughly 12 drunken fools spending an entire weekend fishing, drinking, grilling, drinking, breaking shit, playing poker, drinking, ripping their clothes off and drinking. It’s absolute madness and every year results in my feeling awful for the three days immediately afterwards. If you could see what the fridge looks like just after our arrival, you’d understand why. Outside of milk and eggs, it’s immediately filled with bacon, steaks, burgers, lunch meat, sausage, pork loins, ribs… in other words, meat. So, imagine three straight days of nothing but beer, liquor and (mostly) red meat. It’s horrendous, really. Sure, the occasional fish that we pull out of the stream ends up on the grill, but for the most part it’s nothing but eating/drinking ourselves sick.
In addition to all of the aforementioned insanity, a couple of us always make a special mix for the occasion. Our pal, Mick, was the first to do so, and since then both Chuck and I have followed suit. The goal each year is to A) keep your track list secret; B) create a compilation of funny/irritating tracks; and C) amuse our dumb, drunken selves to no end as we listen to these on repeat all hours of the day for the entire weekend. Trust me when I tell you the nearby fishermen pretty much hate us. Well, I failed to make it to Troutmas 2010, which took place only a week or so ago. Still, I have my compilations from both 2008 and 2009, not to mention an earlier effort in 2007 I’ll get on here at some point. And provided they’re willing to cooperate, I’ll eventually feature the mixes of Mick and Chuck, as well, since Mick just informed me that he never wrote down the mixes and the discs “are probably smashed.”
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find my artwork from my Troutmas 2008, so allow the pictures in the links above as well as the pictures below from Troutmas 2010 to serve as makeshift cover art. Again, keep in mind that these mixes are for entertainment purposes only. What’s more, I just learned today that Ted Knight – the Ted Knight – did the voiceovers/narration on The Super Friends. Holy hell! Enjoy.
Tim’s 2010 Troutmas Mix.
My idiot friends or the IRA? Discuss.
1. Ja’net Du Bois – “Movin’ On Up (The Jeffersons Theme Song)”
2. Herbie Hancock – “Rockit”
3. The Whitest Kids U Know – “Dinosaur Rap”
4. Ted Knight – “The Super Friends Theme Song”
5. Dave D. – “You Say Cheech, I Say Choo”
6. Charlie Kelly and Dennis Reynolds – “Day Man”
7. Eddie Grant – “Electric Avenue”
8. Alan Thicke – “Diff’rent Strokes Theme Song”
9. Ween – “Homo Rainbow”
10. N.W.A. – “Fuck tha Police”
11. Alan Partridge – “The Best of the Beatles”
12. Falco – “Rock Me Amadeus”
13. Unknown – “The Chopper”
14. The Whitest Kids U Know – “Hitler Rap”
15. Thomas Dolby – “She Blinded Me with Science”
16. Ween – “Where’d the Motherfuckin’ Cheese Go?”
17. Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl”
18. Potsie Weber – “Pump Your Blood”
19. Unknown – “Far Out Space Nuts Theme Song”
20. Toto – “Africa”
21. The Kids in the Hall – “The Daves I Know”
22. Billy Joel – “My Life”
23. Kool Moe Dee – “I Go to Work”
24. Motorhead – “Ace of Spades”
25. Heinz Keissling – “Temptation Sensation (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Theme)”
If you actually managed to make it all the way through, congratulations. What’s more, if you can let me know who actually sang “The Chopper” as well as the theme song to the Far Out Space Nuts, please leave it in the Comments section.
Until next time, have at it, you vultures!