Remember Troutmas? Sure you do. It’s a goddamn travesty/tragedy of drunken idiots burning shit and catching the occasional fish circa late-April. Well, if you did, in fact, read about my past Troutmas experiences (including this one from 2009), you’ll be pleased as punch to hear that my good pal, Chuck, the man responsible for No Gay Stuff, returned in 2011 with yet another solid effort. I refuse to call this one a “masterpiece” because A) there was no cover art; and B) he admittedly threw it together half-assed. Nevertheless, it’s still a goldmine of awful.
Now, what I don’t have for you is the compendium disc Chuck brought to this last Troutmas. Rather than making a standard mix, he instead put together a CD combining the work of two artists and two artists only: Wesley Willis and R. Kelly. Let me tell you that when I say it’s genius, I mean that wholeheartedly. It’s truly inspired.
I haven’t made it to Troutmas since 2009, but I was so inspired by Chuck’s latest effort that I began working on a brand new Troutmas mix of my own. It’s about half-way done, but you can rest assured it will be on the site once it’s completed. And I can tell you right now that it’s got some downright terrible singles already. So, without further adieu, I give you Chuck’s 2011 Troutmas shitfest.
Chuck’s 2011 Troutmas Mix:
1. Insane Clown Posse – “Miracles”
2. Tom T. Hall – “I Love (Little Baby Ducks)”
3. Trailer Park Boys – “Shit Hawks”
4. Culture Club – “I’ll Tumble 4 Ya”
5. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony – “1st of Tha Month”
6. Night Ranger – “Sister Christian”
7. LL Cool J – “Big Ole Butt”
8. The Dirtbombs – “Shari Vari”
9. George Harrison – “Got My Mind Set on You”
10. They Might Be Giants – “In the Middle”
11. Kid Rock – “Balls in Your Mouth”
12. NewSong – “Christmas Shoes”
13. N.W.A. – “100 Miles and Runnin’”
14. Gerardo – “Rico Suave”
15. Bubbles and the Shit Rockers – “Liquor & Whores”
16. Billy Joel – “Allentown”
Well, there you have it. Another fine outing from Western PA’s finest. Thanks to Chuck for yet another solid contribution. Until I get my 2011 Troutmas mix on this piece, have at it, you vultures!